[webbeans-dev] Replacement pattern for Manager.getInstanceByType

David Allen drallendc at gmail.com
Wed May 27 04:15:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 20:42 -0500, Clint Popetz wrote:
> >From what I can tell, code that used to do:
>
>    manager.getInstanceByType(clazz)
>
> now need to do:
>

> manager.getReference(manager.getBeans(clazz).iterator().next(),clazz);
>
> (plus checking that the set contains only one element and throwing an
> exception if not.)

Yes, this is the first case I mentioned earlier that I postponed
yesterday.  This is a drastic API difference that does affect many of
the other projects too.

For the TCK, I was thinking of just adding the corresponding behavior
into the abstract test class we use so that the changes are localized to
a single line of code (each call to getInstanceByType).

Outside of the TCK, I am not sure how much it is used.  And since there
will be less of a framework involved in some cases, many instances of
the call will need to be replaced with a number of lines of code (a lot
of duplicate code as you mentioned above).