[weld-dev] Weld 1.0.0 release schedule

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sat Nov 7 14:23:46 EST 2009

Hi all,

In the next few days we have both the code freeze for GlassFish V3
(Monday 9th November) and the submission of the final draft of JSR-299
(on Wednesday 11th November). We are going to *try* to use the same
release (1.0.0) artifacts for both events (as otherwise I will get
*no* sleep at all ;-). With this in mind, the schedule is as follows:

* Sunday 8th: Code freeze for API project and release CDI API and Weld
SPI 1.0.
    - Gavin, this means any changes you want for the 1.0 JavaDoc need
to be in by tomorrow morning. Please tell me if this won't happen.

* Sunday 8th: Code freeze for CDI TCK and release 1.0.0.CR7
    - Everyone, please let me know if you have any major outstanding
commits or issues with the TCK asap
    - Jozef, I haven't seen any commits for the interceptors spec,
what is your status?
    - Shane, please confirm the TCK has been updated to the latest
spec that Gavin has sent out

* Sunday 8th: Code freeze for Weld core, and *hopefully* release 1.0.0
(this is contingent on me not running out of time, otherwise I will
continue on Monday)
    - Marius, Roger, can you ping me and we can discuss whether to
slip your remaining issues
    - this release will use the 1.0 version of the API and the
1.0.0.CR7 version of the TCK [1]

* Monday 9th: GlassFish code freeze

* Monday 9th: Ongoing work on TCK and ref docs, and on getting
examples, Servlet, Wicket and SE integration code passing all tests
and working

* Tuesday 10th: Code freeze for example, ref docs, Servlet, Wicket and
SE integration code and release.

* Tuesday 10th: Code freeze and release of TCK 1.0.0
    - We will run this against Weld 1.0.0 and verify that we still pass
    - Before tagging, we will update the assertions and tests to be
marked 1.0.FD

* Tuesday 10th: Build distribution zips for Weld and TCK, QA run
sanity checks, upload to SeamFramework.org
    - Ondrej, can you schedule some time for this? Either your Tuesday
afternoon/evening or your Wednesday morning I guess.

* Wednesday 11th: Submit Final Draft of spec, TCK 1.0.0 and Weld 1.0.0
to JCP.

As you can see the schedule is tight, so please ensure you have all
your changes in by the freeze date, or experience my wrath ;-)

Finally, thanks for all your hard work so far!

Pete

[1] Yes, I know this is all upside down, and we should use 1.0.0 of
the TCK in Weld 1.0.0 however it gives us a little more time to add
tests to the TCK, so is worth the weirdness.