[weld-dev] Java SE extension

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Wed Nov 18 05:48:42 EST 2009

>    java -Devent=my.Event
>    java -Daction=mybean.method

Don't you think this is going too far?
"If you have a hammer, every problem seems to be a nail." :)

There is definitely a need for eventing in the SE world, but I'd rather use args4j [1] for that very kind of problem.

Something (not really SE) which came to my mind recently: Using the JSR-299 eventing instead of their own internal eventing system in JSF might open some interesting possibilities...

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://args4j.dev.java.net/