[weld-dev] Abstract decorators

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:30:45 EST 2009

We could say that annotating an abstract method of a decorator with
@Inject is a DE. Same for @PostConstruct and @PreDestroy.
Alternatively, we could just say that the container ignores them,
which seems to be more or less what happens if they are declared on an
abstract bean.

What the spec definitely needs to do is say that if an abstract method
of a decorator is called at runtime, an UnsupportedOperationException
results. This is a big oversight.