[weld-dev] Supporting namespaces in Java EE config files (non-portable feature for JBoss AS)

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 12:43:10 EST 2009

> While I understand the advantage that it would reduce the number of
> config files, I do not think it would be a good idea to put Seam related
> config XML elements into standard JEE config files such as web.xml. Why?
> Because then users would no longer be able to validate these config
> files using an XML schema.

You can still validate an XML file against XML schema as long as the schema
has an <xs:any/> element. This element tells the schema to worry about it's
own nodes and ignore any it doesn't recognize because they are in a
different namespace. This is the whole idea of XML.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597