[weld-dev] SQL framework proof of concept

Arbi Sookazian asookazian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 03:00:40 EST 2009

Ok, ran the Main client.  Results:

create table users (name varchar not null, username varchar not null primary
key, password varchar not null)
insert into users (name, username, password) values (?, ?, ?)
update users set name=?, password=? where username=?
select u.name as n from users as u where (u.username=? and u.password=?)
Gavin King

The testQuery() is too long.  Yes, it's typesafe and tool-friendly, but it's
too busy.  But obviously several lines (e.g. comments) can be eliminated off
the bat.

Also, not 100% sure but it appears that hsqldb supports stored procs:
http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/web/hsqlFAQ.html#STORED

I imagine that eventually this will need to be tested using mysql:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/stored-routines.html