[weld-dev] Weld SPI change: addition of serialization SPI

Marius Bogoevici mariusb at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 02:10:05 EDT 2009

Following a discussion with Pete from earlier this week, I exposed the
functionality that was provided internally via ContextualStore,
SerializableContextual, and SerializableContextualInstance as part of
the Weld SPI - the org.jboss.weld.serialization.spi and
org.weld.serialization.spi.helpers package.

The intent is to provide integrators that need to deal with the
passivation and activation of Contextuals and instances of Contextuals
with means that are consistent with the mechanisms that are used
internally by Weld for that purpose. Practically, we're going to use
this part of the SPI for dealing with activation/passivation of
Interceptors and Decorators that are attached to EJBs when integrating
with JBoss AS.

While this has no impact from a functional standpoint, this means that,
when retrieving the trunk for weld/core, please make sure that
org.jboss.weld:weld-spi is in sync (and use mvn -U for a forced snapshot
update for weld-spi). A snapshot should be deployed by Hudson at some
point.

Cheers,
Marius