[weld-dev] [jsr-299-eg] New spec draft

Roberto Chinnici Roberto.Chinnici at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 29 13:00:17 EDT 2009

Apologies, but it looks like I have to take back my previous request for
app client support.

It seems that there are enough issues related to 299 in the Java EE RI
to keep out engineers busy until code freeze. They also told me they
expect more Weld code drops in the coming days and they need to work on
integrating them.

I think we should defer app client support to the next release,
alongside static injection. It's simply not high enough in priority to
cause the entire release to slip.

So please roll back the change you made to 12.1. I'll figure out what I
need to add to the platform spec to further clarify that 299 support in
the app client is not required.

--Roberto