[webbeans-dev] Can't observe built-in events

Peter Royle howardmoon at screamingcoder.com
Tue Sep 22 05:41:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm noticing that I can't successfully observe the
AfterDeploymentValidation event which is a key requirement for the SE
module. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the SE module, or with
WebBeans in general. I've tried stepping through the code and it seems
like the observers are registered, but then when the event is fired
it's like there are no observers to notify. Custom events work fine
though.

Does anyone know if built-in events should be working or of any
existing tests or sample apps I could try out to verify if the problem
lies with WB core?

Alternatively, would anyone be able to take a quick look at my
specific problem for me by doing this:

         svn co https://svn.jboss.org/repos/webbeans/extensions/trunk/se
         mvn clean install

You'll notice the resulting test failure:
	at org.jboss.webbeans.environment.se.test.StartMainTest.testObservers
(StartMainTest.java:96)

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Pete.