[weld-dev] Compiling against JSF 2 API

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 12:02:49 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> AFACIT this will really force Tomcat etc. users to use JSF2...

Yep. I think this is a matter of us leaving the fence and deciding that we
are going to advocate the EE 6 technology stack as a baseline. We are
recommending a new programming model, after all, so I think it's consistent
to select the optimal compliments. I've was thinking along the same lines
for Seam Servlet...we should really be assuming we have Servlet 3, or at the
very least the Servlet-CDI integration (which Weld Servlet patches in).
Otherwise, we sort of look hesitant in our message to adopt EE 6. So I'm all
for it.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen