[weld-dev] spec issue with parallel requests onto a converstaion

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 23 11:18:19 EDT 2010

Hi!

The spec currently says:

"The container ensures that a long-running conversation may be associated with at most one request at a time, by blocking
or rejecting concurrent requests."

We do so, but now I get a pretty ugly BusyConversationException in an AJAX enabled JSF-2 component (Primefaces DataTable).

This may easily happen in other cases too and it would be really good to allow parallel requests to a @ConversationScoped bean!

Since this will get pretty heavy used in JSF-2 with <f:ajax/> we should imo aim to address this problem somehow.

Comet and other AJAX-push technologies may also get unusable this way, since they always have an open socket for this.

Also consider a page with 2 lazy loaded DataTables. They usually get rendered empty and will start to fill itself in parallel when the page gets rendered.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

PS: a similar issue with parallel AJAX requests has already been reported to the JSF EG for the ViewMap...