[weld-dev] Weld's Performance

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 07:23:03 EST 2010

As most of you are probably aware I have been looking at performance issues this week, mainly focusing on memory usage and startup time. I have managed to get a fair bit done, and right now I can't really see anything that would give any more significant improvements (not all my changes have been merged into master, but they should be merged soon).

To give everyone an idea of where the performance is at now, and where it was, I did up a few quick tables, these were done using weld-se so there is no jbossas overhead.

Startup Time (Seconds)

Beans	1.0.1-Final	1.1.0.Beta1	Latest
500	4	4	2.1
1000	8	7	3
5000	140	89	8.5
10000			600+	396	14

Memory Usage (Mb)
Beans	1.0.1-Final	1.1.0.Beta1	Latest
500	42	27	10
1000	82	53	19
5000	403	255	87
10000			~800	507	172

 As you can see, we have come a long way since weld 1.0.1 :-)

Stuart