[weld-dev] CDITCK-174 - ProcessObserverMethod type parameters

Scott Ferguson ferg at caucho.com
Wed Nov 17 18:07:13 EST 2010

Hi Pete,

I'm looking at the TCK snapshot and at CDITCK-174, but I don't
understand the change. The original looks correct to me and I don't see
how the new change is supposed to work or why it was made.

In ProcessObserverMethodErrorTest, there's a listener:

public void observeObserverMethodForEventB(
  @Observes ProcessObserverMethod<?,EventB> event
);

But the ProcessObserverMethod is defined as

public interface ProcessObserverMethod<T,X> {
  public ObserverMethod<T> getObserverMethod();
  public AnnotatedMethod<X> getAnnotatedMethod();
  public void addDefinitionError(Throwable t);
}

In other words, "T" is the type of the event and "X" is the type of the
listener, but the observer flips those around.

I double checked with the latest weld and with cdi-api.sig, but it
doesn't look like the ProcessObserverMethod itself has changed.

Is there something I'm missing?

-- Scott