[weld-dev] CDITCK-174 - ProcessObserverMethod type parameters

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Fri Nov 19 07:57:53 EST 2010

On 18 Nov 2010, at 16:50, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> Pete Muir wrote:
>> Hi Scott
>>
>> From the spec,
>>
>> "The event object must be of type javax.enterprise.inject.spi.ProcessObserverMethod<T, X>, where T is the bean
>> class of the bean that declares the observer method and X is the observed event type of the observer method.
>>
>> public interface ProcessObserverMethod<T, X> {
>>   public AnnotatedParameter<T> getAnnotatedEventParameter();
>>   public ObserverMethod<X> getObserverMethod();
>>   public void addDefinitionError(Throwable t);
>> }
>> "
>>
>> It looks like this has got completely wrong against the javadoc and signatures released with the spec, I will go to the EE CTS guys and see what the best path forward is, however I suspect it is unfixable until we do a MR. I will also go back in and fix this test so that it works correctly against the API as defined in the javadoc.
>>

> Thanks Pete.
>
> I'd checked against the latest API and Weld but both were using the
> javadoc not the spec, so I wasn't sure which way the changes were going.
> So it's basically the same issue as the IF_EXISTS attribute name.

Right, and the Java EE CTS team at Oracle were very clear that the javadoc takes precedence over the spec in this case (which I think is totally the wrong approach, for me the spec is canonical).

Scott, could you file a CDI issue so that we don't loose track of this?

Thanks, and apologies for the screw up!

Pete