[weld-dev] Conversation questions

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 02:20:16 EDT 2011

Some conversation-related questions

1. In WeldPhaseListener.activateConversations(), it appears as if the
conversation context is never activated if an unknown cid comes in.
Shouldn't the conversation context still be active but with a transient
conversation? Moving the conversationContext.activate(cid); before the check
might work.

2. Is there any way of setting the conversation timeout globally? The
constant defined in AbstractConversationContext appears to be injected into
the constructor of the ConversationImpl. If it would be acquired from a
producer method, could it then be specialized?

3. Should we have a concept of a "foreground conversation" in Weld so that
an incoming cid to a known, non-transient conversation would resurrect the
conversation even if it has been expired (but not yet cleaned up)? If I read
the code correctly, a cid that comes in after the expire time has passed is
still taken into use for the request but at the end marked as ended and then
cleaned up as transient.

--
---
Nik