[weld-dev] CODI and JBoss AS 6 final: ProjectStageActivationExtension didn't implement the Extension interface

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Jan 6 06:40:28 EST 2011

On 6 Jan 2011, at 11:35, Mark Struberg wrote:

> I partly agree:
>
> 1.) yes, it's not really 100% defined in the spec, and this should get fixed
> 2.) no, Weld did definitely support this a few months ago

Well I don't think it ever did, but anyway, can't be bothered arguing this ;-)

> 3.) Seam-faces uses the same impl thus you'd need to fix it there also
> 4.) the CreationalContext is also not defined as Serializable, and there is no passivationId for those. So as per the pure spec, it would currently be impossible to implement this if the Container doesn't provide Serializable Beans.

I'm not following the logic you use here, but I agree, the CC also needs to be serializable if the bean is passivation capable, do you want to note that on CDI-24?

> Weld still seems to implements Serializable (or Externalizable) for the CreationalContext, so this part is already not spec conform.

It does conform to spec, there is nothing in the spec saying it *can't*... Remember the spec mandates a minimum, not a maximum, normally. IOW Weld can impl Serializable here should it wish, but a portable extension shouldn't assume all impls do this.

> I see no reason why Weld cannot re-enable serialisation support for Beans too ;)

It can and will as we discussed on IRC, just not in time for 1.1.0.Final, that release is now basically done.

> We of course also need to ping Reza for resin. Pete, I don't remember anymore, was he involved in our discussion about this early last year?

Not AFAIK.