[weld-dev] Weld branches

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Thu May 23 07:27:42 EDT 2013

Team,

there are currently three main branches for Weld Core:

- 1.1 - the Weld 1.1 branch used in JBoss AS 7, JBoss EAP and other EE6
application servers
- master - Weld 1.2 - basically the 1.1 branch with weld-osgi on top
- 2.0 - Weld 2.0 (CDI 1.1 implementation)

This is confusing as git users usually expect to find the latest and
greatest in the master branch which is not the case for Weld. Therefore,
I am going to rename the master branch to a more appropriate name -
"1.2". If you do any work on the current master branch make sure to
apply your changes to "1.2" from now on.

A new master branch will be added eventually when we start working on
Weld 2.1. In the meantime there will be no branch named "master".

Jozef