[weld-dev] Interceptors

Emily Jiang emijiang6 at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 18:27:53 EDT 2015

Thank you Jozef for the helpful info. I have another question on
interceptor:
EE7 spec states the JavaEE component classes, listed in Table EE.5-1, need
to support interceptors. Take servlet for an example, which methods can be
intercepted?

As the servlet classes are invoked by the container, according to CDI1.2
spec, it seems only service(ServletRequest, ServletResponse) can be
intercepted. No other methods can be intercepted.

Normally customer applications override doPost or doGet, but they cannot be
intercepted. I cannot see any value of support interceptors on Servlet.
Anything I missed?

Thanks
Emily
Emily Jiang