[weld-dev] Weld 2.3

Jozef Hartinger jharting at redhat.com
Mon May 25 06:26:56 EDT 2015

I've created a new branch named *2.3* in the weld repo. This branch is
going to host the 2.3.x stream of Weld releases.

Weld 2.3 will remain a CDI 1.2 implementation. We are incrementing the
minor version due to several new features we plan on adding. A final
release of Weld 2.3 is planned to be released this summer.

Our CI setup has been updated to test this new branch regularly.

Note that from now on, we are dropping Java 6 support and therefore Java
7 is the minimal requirement for building and running Weld 2.3

Jozef