[weld-dev] potential weld jira

Emily Jiang EMIJIANG at uk.ibm.com
Wed Nov 18 10:14:20 EST 2015

Hi Martin,

Here's a simplified form of the test case:

The application does not start, reporting

[ERROR   ] CWWKZ0004E: An exception occurred while starting the
application testDiffBDA. The exception message was:
com.ibm.ws.container.service.state.StateChangeException:
org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException: WELD-001408: Unsatisfied
dependencies for type String with qualifiers @CounterModifiedQualifier
  at injection point [BackedAnnotatedField] @Inject
@CounterModifiedQualifier
com.ibm.jcdi.test.beansxml.CounterProducerConsumerModified2.modifiedProducer
  at
com.ibm.jcdi.test.beansxml.CounterProducerConsumerModified2.modifiedProducer(CounterProducerConsumerModified2.java:0)

There are five classes in the .war.

testDiffBDA.war/WEB-INF/classes/test/diff/web/FrontEndServlet.class

@Inject CounterProducerConsumerModified2 bean;

This class, CounterProducerConsumerModified2.class is packaged in the
first of two WEB-INF/lib jars, at
testDiffBDA.war/WEB-INF/lib/beans-xml-modified2.jar.jar/com/ibm/jcdi/test/beans/xml.
There is a bean that needs another bean injected into it:

@Inject @CounterModifiedQualifier String modifiedProducer;

The remaining three classes are all in the second WEB-INF/lib jar, at
testDiffBDA.war/WEB-INF/lib/beans-xml-modified.jar.jar/com/ibm/jcdi/test/beansxml/.
The classes are

CounterModifiedQualifier  (the interface)
CounterProducerModified (the bean implementing that interface)
AlternativeCounterProducerModified (an alternative bean)

The AlternativeCounterProducerModified class is declared in
testDiffBDA.war/WEB-INF/lib/beans-xml-modified.jar.jar/META-INF/beans.xml,

   <alternatives>
                <class>
com.ibm.jcdi.test.beansxml.AlternativeCounterProducerModified</class>
   </alternatives>

The test app starts correctly if the <alternative> stanza is commented
out.

Many thanks,
Emily
Emily Jiang
WebSphere Application Server, CDI Development Lead

MP 211, DE3A20, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21 2JN
Phone:  +44 (0)1962 816278  Internal: 246278

Email: emijiang at uk.ibm.com
Lotus Notes: Emily Jiang/UK/IBM at IBMGB