[weld-dev] clean up unused conversations

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 06:45:52 EST 2015

Dne 26.11.2015 v 10:48 Emily Jiang napsal(a):
> Hi Martin,
>
> Let me clarify with a scenario:
>
> If I set the conversation timeout to be 30s, the unused conversations is
> destroyed after the timeout, e.g. 31s, automatically. No user
> interactions are involved. No ServletRequestListener needs to be
> registered by the customer applications.
>
> In summary, the unused conversations will be cleared either during
> ServletRequestListner.requestDestroyed() notification or HTTPSession
> timeout. Do you have anyone complain about unused conversations not
> cleared up timely?

Yes, the timed out conversations are automatically destroyed after the
next ServletRequestListner.requestDestroyed() or when the session times
out or when the session is invalidated. No ServletRequestListener needs
to be registered by the application.

No complaints so far.

> [...]
>

> Hi Emily,
>
> there is no such way. Of course, if an HTTP session times out all the
> conversations are destroyed as well.
>
> Martin
>
> Dne 25.11.2015 v 15:40 Emily Jiang napsal(a):
>  > Thank you Martin! Is there any way to destroy the unused conversations
>  > earlier before ServletRequestListener.requestDestroyed()?
>  >
>  > Many thanks,
>  > Emily
>  > ===========================
>  > Emily Jiang
>  > WebSphere Application Server, CDI Development Lead
>  >
>  > MP 211, DE3A20, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21 2JN
>  > Phone:  +44 (0)1962 816278  Internal: 246278
>  >
>  > Email: emijiang at uk.ibm.com
>  > Lotus Notes: Emily Jiang/UK/IBM at IBMGB
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > From: Martin Kouba <mkouba at redhat.com>
>  > To: weld-dev at lists.jboss.org,
>  > Date: 18/11/2015 07:53
>  > Subject: Re: [weld-dev] clean up unused conversations
>  > Sent by: weld-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Hi Emily,
>  >
>  > in Weld all expired/timed-out conversations are marked as transient and
>  > destroyed during every ServletRequestListener.requestDestroyed()
>  > notification. So there is no such configuration property.
>  >
>  > Martin
>  >
>  > Dne 17.11.2015 v 23:15 Emily Jiang napsal(a):
>  >  > In OpenWebBeans, there is a configuration
>  >  > *org.apache.webbeans.conversation.Conversation.periodicDelay*
>  >  >
>  >  > Specifies a delay in milliseconds. Use the conversation periodic delay
>  >  > custom property to search for and delete unused conversations.
>  >  >
>  >  > Is there such configuration in Weld?
>  >  >
>  >  > Many thanks,
>  >  > Emily
>  >  > ===========================
>  >  > Emily Jiang
>  >  > WebSphere Application Server, CDI Development Lead
>  >  >
>  >  > MP 211, DE3A20, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21 2JN
>  >  > Phone:  +44 (0)1962 816278  Internal: 246278
>  >  >
>  >  > Email: emijiang at uk.ibm.com
>  >  > Lotus Notes: Emily Jiang/UK/IBM at IBMGB
>  >  > Unless stated otherwise above:
>  >  > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
> number
>  >  > 741598.
>  >  > Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire

Martin Kouba
Software Engineer
Red Hat, Czech Republic