[weld-dev] Interceptor & Interceptors

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 03:17:22 EDT 2017

Tomas Remes pointed out that the new/upcoming version contains the new
sentence which also mentions @Interceptor.

I think it's related to:
https://github.com/javaee/interceptors-spec/issues/27

But it's hard to guess as it's not possible to track the changes -
sources are binary files.

Martin

Dne 1.6.2017 v 08:07 Martin Kouba napsal(a):
> Hi Emily,
>
> I suppose you're talking about section 5.3 Ordering Interceptors using
> the Priority Annotation:
> "The Priority annotation is ignored on interceptors bound to a component
> using the Interceptors annotation."
>
> There is a very old clarification issue for the interceptor spec:
> https://github.com/javaee/interceptors-spec/issues/23
> (originally INTERCEPTORS_SPEC-23)
>
> Martin
>
> Dne 31.5.2017 v 14:53 Emily Jiang napsal(a):
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> In the updated Interceptor spec, it has the following statement:
>>
>> "The Interceptor annotation is ignored on interceptor classes bound
>> using the Interceptorsannotation."
>>
>> I assume this already the case in Weld 2.x, CDI 1.2 implementation.
>> Right?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Emily
>> ===========================
>> Emily Jiang
>> WebSphere Application Server, CDI & MicroProfile Development Lead
>>
>> MP 211, DE3A20, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21 2JN
>> Phone:  +44 (0)1962 816278  Internal: 246278
>>
>> Email: emijiang at uk.ibm.com
>> Lotus Notes: Emily Jiang/UK/IBM at IBMGB
>>
>> Unless stated otherwise above:
>> IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
>> number 741598.
>> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6
>> 3AU

Martin Kouba
Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat, Czech Republic