[weld-dev] Application scoped bean and its lifecycle

Alex Sviridov ooo_saturn7 at mail.ru
Mon May 22 02:50:18 EDT 2017

Hi all

I use pax-cdi -1.0.0.RC2 and weld 2.3.5.Final and this is my test class:

import javax.enterprise.context.ApplicationScoped;
import javax.enterprise.context.Destroyed;
import javax.enterprise.context.Initialized;
import javax.enterprise.event.Observes;

@ApplicationScoped
public class Test {

    public Test() {
        System.out.println("Test was created.");
    }

    public void init(@Observes @Initialized(ApplicationScoped.class) Object
init) {
        System.out.println("Test was initialized");
    }

    public void destroy(@Observes @Destroyed(ApplicationScoped.class)
Object init) {
        System.out.println("Test was destroyed.");
    }
}

When I start test-bundle I see the following output:
Test was created.
Test was initialized
Test was initialized
When I stop test-bundle I see the following output:
Test was destroyed.
Test was created.
Test was destroyed.

So as result this bean was two times created, two times initialized and two
times destroyed.

I expected that this bean must be once created, one initialized and once
destroyed.

Is this a bug that must be reported or my mistake?

--
Alex Sviridov