[weld-dev] CDI JavaSE tck

Martin Kouba mkouba at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 02:53:26 EDT 2017

Dne 16.10.2017 v 20:30 John D. Ament napsal(a):

> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 2:07 PM Martin Kouba <mkouba at redhat.com
> <mailto:mkouba at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Emily,
>
>     tests from TestGroups.SE should NOT be run in a Java EE environment.
>     Note that CDI Bootstrap API should not even work in a Java EE container
>     (SeContainerInitializer.newInstance() should throw
>     IllegalStateException).
>

> Isn't there a TCK test for that?

I think not. There is a test in CDI API which verifies that
IllegalStateException is thrown if none or multiple service providers
are found [1]. But it's actually a good idea to create a new TCK test
with TestGroups.INTEGRATION group to verify ISE is thrown in a Java EE
container.

[1]
https://github.com/cdi-spec/cdi/blob/master/api/src/test/java/org/jboss/cdi/api/test/se/SeContainerInitializerTest.java

>     Martin
>
>     Dne 16.10.2017 v 14:33 Emily Jiang napsal(a):
>      > Hi Matej/Martin,
>      >
>      > I am looking at the CDI 2.0 tck on JavaSE. I saw they are under the
>      > groups of "SE". Should the tcks be exercised by JavaEE runtime, e.g.
>      > wildfly, glassfish, Liberty etc? Which profile did you package the
>      > JavaSE tck?
>      >
>      >
>      > Many thanks,
>      > Emily
>      > ===========================
>      > Emily Jiang
>      > WebSphere Application Server, CDI & MicroProfile Development Lead
>      >
>      > MP 211, DE3A20, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21 2JN
>      > Phone: +44 (0)1962 816278 <tel:+44%201962%20816278>  Internal: 246278
>      >
>      > Email: emijiang at uk.ibm.com <mailto:emijiang at uk.ibm.com>
>      > Lotus Notes: Emily Jiang/UK/IBM at IBMGB
>      >
>      >
>      > Unless stated otherwise above:
>      > IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with
>     number
>      > 741598.
>      > Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth,
>     Hampshire PO6 3AU
>      >
>      >
>      > weld-dev mailing list