[weld-dev] To drop or not to drop JDK 7 support for Weld 2.4?

Emily Jiang EMIJIANG at uk.ibm.com
Mon Feb 26 10:45:33 EST 2018

Hi Matej,

My vote is "not to drop JDK 7 support", as Java EE7 requires the minimum
Java version being 7. If you remove the JDK7 support, this will have big
impact to the customer who are currently use JDK7.

Weld 3.x requires JDK 8, which is understandable.

Many thanks,
Emily
Emily Jiang
WebSphere Application Server, CDI & MicroProfile Development Lead

MP 211, DE3A20, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21 2JN
Phone:  +44 (0)1962 816278  Internal: 246278

Email: emijiang at uk.ibm.com
Lotus Notes: Emily Jiang/UK/IBM at IBMGB