[wildfly-dev] [jboss-as7-dev] EL 3

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 29 08:51:36 EDT 2013

On 24 Jan 2013, at 1:36 PM, Rémy Maucherat <rmaucher at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 04/24/2013 10:13 AM, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
>> We have seen bugs in the EL around calls to methods with varargs that made it unusable for Bean Validation. We reported it to oracle but I don't know if that has been fixed since. Hardy and Gunnar can comment more accurately than my 10000 feet view.
>> We have been happy with JUEL AFAIR.
> I don't see anything wrong with using your own, especially if you don't
> need the EL3 functionality ASAP. If you do, it's probably the only
> option available for some time. So it will be used by Jasper through the
> EL3 API and from its own com.sun.el module (probably), while the current
> impl is bundled.

+1 for having our own copy of EL libs in the Hibernate Validator module. This is the easiest way to move the Bean Validation integration forward for now.
We re-evaluate once we see what's happening with the current EL module. Just keep in mind there are potentially other modules (for example Hibernate Validator)
which need UEL so hard wiring things via the org.jboss.as.web does not seem to be the way forward.

--Hardy