[wildfly-dev] Changes to the PicketLink Module

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 11:07:25 EDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 10:32 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Resend.
>
> On 08/01/2013 01:04 PM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>> Options 3 and 4 are not suitable.  I wonder how this issue has not
>> manifested in other subsystems using JPA?

I think that SwitchYard is another module that depends on a non-EE JPA
bootstrap of Hibernate.  SwitchYard isn't integrated into the WildFly 8
core (I think its integrated as a layered project).  SwitchYard is
likely also depending on the Hibernate/Javassist modules.  I expect that
SwitchYard probably also has a dependency on the (global) JPAService

I should of listed option 5 below, which is to add the
Hibernate/Javassist dependencies to the PicketLink module which was
previously rejected on the pull request.

>> Should we fix/adapt the PicketLink JPA Registry usage of
>> EntityManagerFactory such that we do not need hibernate/javassist
>> module dependencies? Guidance appreciated.

Is the PicketLink JPA Registry of EntityManagerFactory's shared across
multiple application deployments?