[wildfly-dev] JCA service/model names a.k.a WFLY-1656

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 11:55:22 EDT 2013

On Aug 6, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen at jboss.org> wrote:

> On 08/06/2013 10:48 AM, Bartosz Baranowski wrote:
>> Well, I've talked with JCA guys and I've been told that it's according to design and it's all good.
>
> I have never said there isn't an issue; providing a test case that
> showed the problem could have been of benefit.

I remember glancing at this one with Carlo when we were in Newcastle. The problem is that when there are duplicate names an id is generated. However the problem is that that ID is generated using a static map. It looks like everything is fine in standalone because there is only one subsystem to parse. However domain mode has multiple profiles, so you have multiple JCA subsystems that get parsed, and therefore you get nondeterministic generation. Also I believe I spotted a problem with the serialization code.

The general things that need to happen are

1. Get rid of static state, and instead store the state relative to the subsystem block
2. Double check the marshaling
3. Console needs to be updated to take an "id" on creation (HAL issue needed for that one)

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat