[wildfly-dev] WILDFLY 1650

Emmanuel Hugonnet ehugonne at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 13:04:33 EDT 2013

Hi,
I 'm writting this to try to explain my position on WILDFLY 1650.
I don't know how to change the PR
(https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/4749) to have it intergated.
Currently I can't build EAP nor Wildfly with all tests on a French
loacle machine.
On GNU/Linux I can do it by changing the LANG in my shell but on Windows
I just had to forget about it.

This problem happens because of the assumption that the default locale
is English so some messages in tet are using 'hardcoded' string instead
og I18n message.
Second, which affects EAP only (but which is still an issue in Wildfly
even if it is hidden), some tests which check for model
retro-compatibility will use 'old' version of JBoss AS which contains
translated logger messages in generated classes. Alas for French you
have old versions without any French and new with French, because of an
issue with the classloader we happens to be casting a $Logger to a
Logger which wasn't loaded by the same classloader.
I have tried to replicate this behaviour in Wildlfy, using the codehaus
mojo annotation processor to generate the translated loggers using the
main source code for the test source code.

While this complicated test maybe too much I think it should be possible
to make Wildlfy fully buildable on a French Windows computer (even if we
know Windows sucks and French rules ;o) )

So I'm asking here about how we should tackle this issue.
Emmanuel