[wildfly-dev] Copies of LazyValidatorFactory

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Aug 26 11:22:30 EDT 2013

On 08/21/2013 05:18 AM, Gunnar Morling wrote:

> If looking up the VF via JNDI works I think that might be a bit simpler,
> as no changes on the provider side would be required. Resteasy also
> looks up the VF via JNDI.

I don't think the JNDI (java:comp/ValidatorFactory) lookup would work
during deployment.  If the VF isn't needed until post deployment time,
the JNDI lookup would be more likely to work (when the application
component context will be available).

In the case of JPA, we need the VF during deployment.  I'm not sure
about the other (JSF/JCA) cases.