[wildfly-dev] cli variables

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 12:05:15 EST 2013

The basics of this sound good. I'm not sure about the .jbossclirc part.
How would this file differ from the jboss-cli.xml file? Emulating
something like .bashrc could be really cool, but if doesn't end up being
a pretty close analogue, it could be confusing.

So what kind of things could be done with this file?

1) Simple association of variable names with simple strings. Makes
sense, but could also be in the xml file.

2) Execution of commands?

Connect commands could make sense; eliminate boilerplate from the CLI
launch command.

Other commands, I'm not sure what that could be.

3) Definition of functions; e.g. take what would be a separate CLI
script with multiple commands, in-line it and name it.

4) Others?

Principal Software Engineer