[wildfly-dev] Hibernate Search as a dependency

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 16 11:15:42 EST 2013

So recently, Hibernate Search has been added as a dependency of Wildfly.
I think for two reasons:

- Infinispan when using <indexing/> requires it
- CapeDwarf is a customer of Infinispan, its indexing and Hibernate

I am a bit concerned about that move because Hibernate Search (depending
on the options you choose) can bring a significant dependency graph and
I don't want Wildfly to suffer from that.

As part of Hibernate Search, we do work and offer a Wildfly module to
ease the integration but it seems the work as been duplicated.

So my question to all of you guys is the following. Isn't it enough to
let Hibernate Search keep up with the module definition and let use add
the module when they need either Hibernate Search, Infinispan indexing
or CapeDwarf?

Emmanuel