[wildfly-dev] Configuration of statistics gathering

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at jboss.org
Tue Dec 17 11:03:49 EST 2013

On 12/17/2013 10:00 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> AFAICT, the resource-adapter commit did nothing to change any default.
> So if it was true, it still is true.

Ok, the missing AttributeDefinition's in the write handler threw me off.

> Looking at it, I see the existing code doesn't state the default as part
> of the metadata, so the user doesn't know. That should be fixed.

You mean the description of the resource, right ? Not an actual
deployment attribute exposed in the subsystem.

> Earlier in this thread I threw out a suggestion for a subsystem-level
> attribute that could serve as a default and could easily have a
> different value in our standard configs for EAP vs WF. If anyone has a
> better idea, I'd love hear it. If not, patches would be nice if someone
> wants to do that.

Not other than an attribute in a META-INF/wildfly.xml file at EAR level.

> Please explain how the resource-adapter commit relates to your concerns.

Actually, DWM has two levels of statistics (local node / entire
network), but let me comment on the PR instead.

Best regards,
  Jesper