[wildfly-dev] Pull request building improvements

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 15:47:41 EDT 2013

Hi everyone!

In last few months we have been working on improving our pull request
testing & reporting.

As most of you know we have been running many test scenarios on "my"
teamcity instance at http://teamcity.cafe-babe-org and it has proven that
it works very well.
In many cases much better than what we had with jenkins on lightning.

That is why new solution is done on top of TeamCity rather than Jenkins.

Today we are turning off lightning's cron jobs for processing  and turning
on new pull request building & github integration that we build on top of
TeamCity.

Given that reinstalation of the system(we also got some new disks that
require us to reconfigure RAID) is not trivial procedure from server uptime
point of view, we have setup pull processing to be done on "my" teamcity
while lightning will be offline.

As precaution we have just stopped pull player on lightning and we wont be
taking it offline until tomorrow evening (EST) given that new system works
as expected.

You can login to teamcity as guest, there is a little link on login page
and you don't need account created for watching build logs/progress.

So if you notice any problems in coming days let me know.

cheers,
Tomaz