[wildfly-dev] Classpath management for as7.2 / eap6.1 / wildfly

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Thu May 2 04:57:21 EDT 2013

Hi all:

The jbosstools team has been instructed by you all not to reach in to
the modules folder for the purposes of classpath management in eclipse.
We've also been told api would be forthcoming to assist us discover what
jars should be added to projects so that users can get up and running as
fast as possible. And a final reminder, our use case requires a
non-running server to discover the appropriate jars to add.

Was just wondering if this was anywhere on the plan, or if we should
abandon waiting and simply hard-code our classpaths as we have in the
past. Our users are getting upset as we just released alpha2 and our
next is beta1. A beta with this serious error would only win user
condemnation as incomplete if we provide no classpath management for web
/ seam / etc projects.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-1026