[wildfly-dev] identify runtime operations ?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu May 2 08:24:33 EDT 2013

There is a flag that can be associated with an operation, RUNTIME_ONLY,
that indicates an op only affects runtime. It isn't used much, largely
because there hasn't been a consistent use case. The access control
stuff will lead to consistent use though.

I'm not sure if that's your question though. Almost all operations
affect runtime state, either immediately or by putting the process in
reload-required/restart-required. And there's metadata describing those
effects.

I say almost all because of a couple oddities like
add/remove-namespace/schema-location which only affect the config model
and the xml file.

On 5/2/13 7:17 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> Is it possible to identify operations that affect the runtime state (i.e. start/stop services) ?
>
> I was looking at a datasource example, but couldn't find any metadata related to that:
>
> [standalone at localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=datasources/data-source=ExampleDS:read-operation-description(name=enable)
> {
>      "outcome" => "success",
>      "result" => {
>          "operation-name" => "enable",
>          "description" => "Enable the data-source",
>          "request-properties" => {"persistent" => {
>              "type" => BOOLEAN,
>              "description" => "if true enable attribute is persisted",
>              "expressions-allowed" => false,
>              "required" => true,
>              "nillable" => false,
>              "default" => true