[wildfly-dev] package name change a good idea?

Paul Robinson paul.robinson at redhat.com
Wed May 8 12:08:40 EDT 2013

Tomaz,

On 8 May 2013, at 16:58, Tomaž Cerar <tomaz.cerar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Paul Robinson <paul.robinson at redhat.com> wrote:
> Personally, I'd only want to use org.wildfly for new projects where I'm starting from scratch. I just don't feel the rename buys you enough, to warrant the cost of harder back-porting and more complex history.
>

> what do you mean "for new projects"? there is only one project named wildfly.

Ah ok, I see. By new projects, I was thinking of replacements for existing pieces. Undertow sprung to mind as it replaced JBossWeb (?). However, I see that is under "io.undertow".

> we renamed application server not community.
> or in short org.wildfly.* should only be used by WildFly project and some small satellites around it (jandex comes to mind)

Yes, of course. I guess I was thinking that other jboss projects, like transactions, may like to move to the new package. But I now see that that's wrong.

Paul.

--
Paul Robinson
Web Service Transactions Lead
paul.robinson at redhat.com

JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Brendan Lane (Ireland), Matt Parson
(USA), Charlie Peters (USA)