[wildfly-dev] WildFly 8 Schedule

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu May 9 16:14:55 EDT 2013

Thank you everyone for the feedback on the schedule I proposed on the AS7 list (before the rename). The common consensus seemed to be that the schedule was too aggressive and could use more contingency time. In addition, after the releasing the original proposal, a number of our EAP customers have requested that we add Role/Resource Based Access Control into a future EAP 6.x release. In order for that to happen we need to include the feature in our WildFly 8 release and adjust the schedule accordingly.

Based on these two factors I have added another three months to the original proposal. We still aim to release iteratively every month, so that everyone has a chance to try out our most recent work.

The new schedule is as follows:

8.0.0.Final  - 11/Nov/13
8.0.0.CR1    - 10/Oct/13
8.0.0.Beta2  - 09/Sep/13