[wildfly-dev] WildFly 8 Schedule

Alan Santos asantos at redhat.com
Thu May 9 16:37:28 EDT 2013

On May 9, 2013, at 4:31 PM, Brian Stansberry <brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'd say !@#$%

I had a similar response when I saw RBAC on such a short runway :)

> I'd also say I'm interested to hear more, but the schedule we are
> working on is very tight and the first iteration is going to target a
> pretty specific set of use cases.
>
> The feature is related to server/domain administrative security, not
> application security. I understand that's a bit blurry when the
> application is doing server/domain administration.

Since the 'application' John is referring to is RHQ those use-cases you're targeting are pretty much a subset of what he has in mind (at the risk of putting words in his mouth, though that's never stopped me before).

I had similar questions for other layered products - if, say, SOA, had some administrative concepts or roles that weren't present in EAP then should that product be expected to take advantage of RBAC or does it need to provide an additional RBAC mechanism?