[wildfly-dev] Where to register CDI Context for JTA 1.2

Paul Robinson paul.robinson at redhat.com
Tue May 21 13:58:01 EDT 2013

Stuart,

The problem with this approach is that I need to introduce a dependency on org.jboss.as:jboss-as-weld, which depends on org.jboss.as:jboss-as-transactions. This introduces a cyclic dependency. org.jboss.as:jboss-as-weld is needed for the WeldDeploymentMarker and to use WeldAttachments.PORTABLE_EXTENSIONS.

> You can do this for every deployment, if beans.xml is not present it won't do anything

I assume this is done by the three tests at the top of the deploy method? Therefore, I would need to use WeldDeploymentMarker.

> you basically just need to attach it under org.jboss.as.weld.deployment.WeldAttachments#PORTABLE_EXTENSIONS for the top level deployment.

Again, I can't do this without access to WeldAttachments.PORTABLE_EXTENSIONS.

To break this cycle, I think I would need to create a new maven module and subsytem called, for example, transactions-cdi. This seems a bit over-kill. Is there an alternative you can think of?

Thanks,

Paul.

paul.robinson at redhat.com

JBoss, a Division of Red Hat