[wildfly-dev] JAX-RS Client API maven test <dependency>

Nick Mpallas mpallas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 09:57:56 EST 2013

For usage within the appserver of course it doesn't make any difference but
when you want to write a standalone-client if you read the documentation it
comes as part of the jax-rs lib(not referring there that is a different
jar) so even if it is on it should be fetched implicitly IMHO.

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think we're required to support JAX-RS client implicitly anyways, no?
>
> On 11/5/2013 9:42 AM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Arun Gupta <arun.gupta at gmail.com
> > <mailto:arun.gupta at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     +1, this would make more sense.
> >

> > This will have no impact on you as an end user. This just changes how it
> > is packaged in the app server itself.
> >
> > Stuart
> >

> >     On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com
> >     <mailto:bburke at redhat.com>> wrote:
> >      > Resteasy-client should be an implicit dependency.  Also,
> >     resteasy-client
> >      > shouldn't really be a separate module.  For the Resteasy distro
> our
> >      > AS7/Wildfly patch zip has resteasy-client as part of the
> >     resteasy-jaxrs
> >      > module.  The reason for this is AS7 and EAP are hardcoded to
> >     implicitly
> >      > import specific modules and I can't add new ones.
> >      >
> >      > May I patch Wildfly to remove the resteasy-client module and move
> the
> >      > artifact to the resteasy-jaxrs module so as to be consistent with
> the
> >      > Resteasy distro?
> >      >
> >      > On 11/5/2013 6:48 AM, Arun Gupta wrote:
> >      >> Sleeping only 2 hrs in the red eye flight and jet lag kicking is
> >     not helpful :-)
> >      >>
> >      >> But at least the test is running now, failing but that's a
> >     different problem!
> >      >>
> >      >> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Stuart Douglas
> >      >> <stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com <mailto:stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com>>
> >     wrote:
> >      >>> That is not the same artefact.
> >      >>>
> >      >>> resteasy-jaxrs vs resteasy-client
> >      >>>
> >      >>> Stuart
> >      >>>
> >      >>>
> >      >>> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Arun Gupta
> >     <arun.gupta at gmail.com <mailto:arun.gupta at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> That's what I thought and added at:
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>>

> https://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-samples/blob/master/jaxrs/pom.xml
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> But
> >      >>>>

> https://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-samples/tree/master/jaxrs/jaxrs-endpoint
> >      >>>> is still giving the same error.
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> Any idea ?
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> Arun
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>>
> >      >>>> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Stuart Douglas
> >      >>>> <stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
> [...]

\n\m
"camel is a horse made up in a laboratory"