[wildfly-dev] Configuration of statistics gathering

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 17:03:04 EST 2013

On 11/06/2013 11:26 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> I'd like to get some info from the component leads responsible for WF
> subsystems.
>
> 1) What statistical data does your subsystem capture (including the
> underlying libraries it integrates).

The JPA subsystem captures the Hibernate statistics, only if Hibernate
statistics are enabled (each persistence unit has its own statistics).

> 2) What configuration options do you support for enabling/disabling
> statistics gathering. What's the resource address and attribute name of
> the config option?

You can enable the statistics (off by default) with the following or you
can include a (application) persistence unit property to enable the
Hibernate statistics:

:write-attribute(name=enabled,value=true)

Address is
/deployment=DEPLOYMENTDeterminedAddress/subsystem=jpa/hibernate-persistence-unit=ApplicationScopedPersistenceUnitName

See http://fpaste.org/52218 for example of
/deployment=2lc.jar/subsystem=jpa/hibernate-persistence-unit=2lc.jar#TEST_PU

> 3) Is the statistic gathering enabled by default?

No, disabled by default.