[wildfly-dev] Java EE 7 Hands-on Lab Deployment Report

Arun Gupta arun.gupta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 17:12:49 EST 2013

I deploy Java EE 7 hands-on lab
(https://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-hol) on WildFly beta2 snapshot.
This lab was built using GlassFish 4 and has been delivered multiple
times around the world. I'll prepare instructions on how to get this
lab working using WildFly. But first step is deployment on WildFly.

The deployment went through fine but several blocking issues.

1). Clicking on "Book a movie" scenario throws the following exception:

23:59:36,542 FATAL
[javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.context] (default task-8)
/booking/booking.xhtml @58,105 value="#{booking.movieId}": Target
Unreachable, identifier 'booking' resolved to null:
javax.faces.FacesException: /booking/booking.xhtml @58,105
value="#{booking.movieId}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'booking'
resolved to null
    at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.ProcessValidationsPhase.execute(ProcessValidationsPhase.java:84)
[jsf-impl-2.2.4-jbossorg-1.jar:]
    at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:101)
[jsf-impl-2.2.4-jbossorg-1.jar:]
    at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:198)
[jsf-impl-2.2.4-jbossorg-1.jar:]

Booking class looks like:

@Named
@FlowScoped("booking")
public class Booking {
}

2). Clicking on "Movie" menu item throws:

00:03:10,012 FATAL
[javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.context] (default task-9)
/client/movies.xhtml @59,78 items="#{movieClientBean.movies}":
javax.ws.rs.NotFoundException: HTTP 404 Not Found:
javax.el.ELException: /client/movies.xhtml @59,78
items="#{movieClientBean.movies}": javax.ws.rs.NotFoundException: HTTP
404 Not Found

3). "Sales" scenario uses Batch APIs and that worked fine.

4). "Points" scenario uses JMS2. Sending a message seems to work but
consuming a single message seems to clear up the entire queue.

5). Not able to test the WebSocket scenario because of legacy browsers
on this loaner laptop. Can somebody try it and let me know if it works
?

Thanks,
Arun

--