[wildfly-dev] deployment-scanner rollback behavior change

Emanuel Muckenhuber emuckenh at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 11:20:24 EST 2013

As part of WFLY-364 [1] we changed the default behavior of the
deployment-scanner to not rollback on deployment failures.

The main reason behind this is that a deployment failure would also
trigger the rollback of a potentially unrelated deployment, if it's
deployed as part of the same "scan". This basically means failed
deployments remain visible through the management model in in a failed
state. This is also the same behavior used when booting WildFly.

Beside that we still write the appropriate .failure marker for the
failed deployment(s), so there should be no other impact from a user
POV. There is also a configuration attribute in the deployment-scanner
subsystem to disable this if this is not wanted.

Given that changes to the deployment-scanner often caused issues for
people, i wanted to double check that there are not objections to this.

Thanks,
Emanuel

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-364