[wildfly-dev] Dependency Changes

James R. Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 17 23:57:33 EDT 2013

On 17 Oct, 2013, at 19:55, Brian Stansberry <brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:

> So every module is explicitly listing all its dependencies (fine) and then the main pom has exlusions for all of them to prevent transitive dependencies between modules? Ugh.

Yeah, pretty much. It really might not be worth it which is why I wanted to bring it up before I continued down the path. Maybe one idea would be to exclude only things like the logmanager, but allow transitive dependencies for org.wildfly and probably DMR and MSC.

> Are some of these modules even a problem? I don't see how management-client-content or host-controller or patching would be in the dependency set for the client jar poms.

The two client jars that were an issue actually weren't a result of anything in WildFly. I just started going through it and opened this lovely can of worms.

> I so pray for the day when Maven finally just has reasonable flags to turn off transitive dependencies.

That would be awesome. Like a compile scope that actually means, I don't know compile not runtime :)