[wildfly-dev] Java EE 7 and WildFly

Nikolaos Ballas mpallas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 13:34:48 EDT 2013

The default in memory persistence HSQLDB and the driver is loaded as
module under the:
$JBOSS_HOME/modules/system/layers/base/com/h2database/h2/main
There you can find the module definition file which contains the deps
and the necessary jar. Along with that I always configure a mysql
thing. Be aware that if not defined else the default hibernate version
provided is 4.* . Also Arun be aware that the way the Resources are
defined and exported for JNDI lookups,in case you want to keep
backwards compatible code, is a bit different than the versions
previous than 7.* or Wildfly.

\n\m
On 27/10/2013 18:03, Claudio Miranda wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Arun Gupta <arun.gupta at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> - Java EE 7 runtime require a database to be provisioned at
>> runtime. GlassFish download comes bundled with JavaDB. What is
>> the typical choice for WildFly developers ?
>
> There is not a database server, but users can setup a h2 database
> in tcp server mode.
>
>> What is the actual JDBC resource name ?
>
> There is https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-2027 "EE Default
> DataSource is not working"

> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2013-September/000778.html
>
>  However, wildfly provides a default datasource, if you see at
> datasource subsystem in either domain.xml or standalone.xml, there
> is
>
> <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:datasources:1.1"> <datasources>
> <datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/ExampleDS"
> pool-name="ExampleDS" enabled="true" use-java-context="true">
>
> <connection-url>jdbc:h2:mem:test;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1</connection-url>

<driver>h2</driver>
> <security> <user-name>sa</user-name> <password>sa</password>
> module="com.h2database.h2">
>
> <xa-datasource-class>org.h2.jdbcx.JdbcDataSource</xa-datasource-class>

</driver>