[wildfly-dev] Java EE 7 and WildFly

Eduardo Martins emartins at redhat.com
Sun Oct 27 14:23:50 EDT 2013

Welcome Arun!

Arun Gupta <arun.gupta at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello there ...

Some of you may know me but let me introduce myself. I've joined Red
Hat as Director of Developer Advocacy last week and will be focusing
on JBoss Middleware. Read more about introduction at:

http://blog.arungupta.me/2013/10/farewell-from-oracle/

I would love to engage with you in making the developer experience
seamless for WildFly. I'm using a gmail id for now until my corporate
email is properly configured but feel free to reach out to me if you
have any questions.

Now to the technical part. I've created a bunch of Java EE 7 samples at:

http://github.com/arun-gupta/javaee7-samples

Originally, these samples were built/run on GlassFish and now I'm
trying to run them on WildFly. Some questions while I'm running these
samples ..

- Java EE 7 runtime require a database to be provisioned at runtime.
GlassFish download comes bundled with JavaDB. What is the typical
choice for WildFly developers ?

- How is the default JDBC resource configured for this database ? What
is the actual JDBC resource name ?

- Are any RI from GlassFish are used in WildFly ? I'd like to
understand where each of the JSR implementations in WildFly are coming
from ?

- How is a database associated with Batch RI configured for WildFly ?

- I've seen some samples are not working as expected. These might be
bugs either in sample or in WildFly. Should I file them in the issue
tracker for further discussion or discuss first and then file ?

Thanks
Arun

--
Blog: http://blog.arungupta.me