[wildfly-dev] Java EE 7 and WildFly

Jason Greene jgreene at redhat.com
Mon Oct 28 08:06:06 EDT 2013

On Oct 28, 2013, at 5:48 AM, Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen at jboss.org> wrote:

>> On 10/28/2013 06:41 AM, Arun Gupta wrote:
>> This is independent of @DataSourceDefinition. Moreover this is a spec
>> compliance issue.
>>
>> Trying to understand what is the issue in adding a default data source ?
>
> See
>
>  <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:ee:2.0">
>
> and the element
>
>  <default-bindings>
>
> Then point that to your datasource, and it will be exposed in java:comp
> under the EE 7 name.

The default configs we ship in 8 Beta do that already, so he shouldn't have to change anything (as required in EE7)

What is slightly less clear, which is why that previously linked issue is still open is whether persistence.xml should have a preconfigured default as well, since the specs aren't explicit about it. IMO it should because that was clearly the intention, that a deployment will run out of the box without specifying container specific details.

So to summarize, we had a loose end, JPA, and the sample found it. We just need to update the configs we ship.