[wildfly-dev] JMS 2 sample in WildFly 8 giving "missing/unavailable dependencies"

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 09:15:15 EDT 2013

On 10/31/13 4:17 AM, Ladislav Thon wrote:

>>> You mean why not just bin/standalone.sh -c standalone-full  ?
>>>
>>> No particular reason. It never occurred to me. Thinking back on it, it
>>> partly arose because in AS < 7 the -c value was basically a reference to
>>> a dir name, while in AS7 it's a ref to a file name. The entire structure
>>> of the AS dist is radically different in AS7. Being more explicit about
>>> that difference was more important at the time than it is now.
>>>
>>> If bin/standalone.sh -c st<tab complete to
>>> andalone/configuration/standalone-full.xml> would work I'd be real
>>> tempted to support that.
>>
>> This would be really nice, simplicity and intuitiveness go a long way
>> in better developer experience.
>
> Wonder how that would work together with -Djboss.server.base.dir and/or
> -Djboss.server.config.dir [1]. A great potential for confusion I see.

Yes. That's why we don't support it now. If we ever did we'd have to
enforce clear rules about the relationships between these things
(basically the same rules we have now.) It's just not worth it to me to
add that complexity when tab completion doesn't fill in the path anyway.

> [1] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/Command+line+parameters
>
> LT

Principal Software Engineer