[wildfly-dev] EE level java:comp/DefaultDataSource for WildFly 8...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 12:23:51 EDT 2013

Hi,

Lincoln was just asking why WildFly 8 doesn't yet have a
java:comp/DefaultDataSource that is talked about in EE.5.20 and [1].

Lincoln created WFLY-2027 for the JPA part of EE.5.20 (if we add support
for a default datasource in WildFly 8.)

I'm kind of caught on this requirement, since we already have a JPA
level default datasource setting (for JPA container deployment).  I need
to know if we are going to add a default datasource
(java:comp/DefaultDataSource) setting to WildFly, so I can align with that.

Steve Ebersole, already offered to add a Hibernate ORM way [2] for this
(defaultDatasource) change to not break OGM, which we would need to use
in WildFly 8 (or WF 9) and JipiJapa.  Since we are talking about going
to Beta with WildFly 8, I assume this change is too late, but then
again, it sounds like its expected for EE 7 ;)

Scott

[1] https://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta/entry/default_datasource_in_java_ee

[2] https://gist.github.com/scottmarlow/6497927